What vaginal discharge means:
- Your vagina is keeping herself clean, just like when your skin sheds cells all day long
- Your vagina is keeping herself lubricated, so she doesn't stick to herself (ouch)
- Your vagina is actually protecting herself from infection, by forming a slippery barrier between you and the outside world
- You have an infection. I promise, most vaginal discharge is normal, especially when it changes throughout your cycle: from white and thick, to clear and stretchy, to downright watery.
- You're not keeping yourself clean. Discharge has NOTHING to do with how often you wash or shower.
- You've developed a non-STD infection, like bacterial vaginosis or a yeast infection.
- You've caught an STD, like chlamydia, gonorrhea, or trichomonas.
- You're pregnant.
- You're on the birth control pill.
- You're sexually aroused.
Do any of you have discharge worries?